Chemical Name: Azidothymidine
Generic Name: Zidovudine
Nick Name: AZT
Brand Name: Retrovir ® (Retrovis ®)
- Celia Farber, 'Sins Of Omission'
- John Lauritsen, 'AZT On Trial'
- Brian Deer, 'Revealed: Fatal flaws of
drug that gave hope'
- Elinor Burkett, 'The Queen Of
- John Lauritsen, 'HIV Voodoo From Burroughs-Wellcome'
- John Lauritsen, 'FDA Has Second Thoughts
- Celia Farber, 'Don't Believe the Hype'
- Meditel, 'AZT Cause For Concern'
- John Lauritsen, 'FDA Documents Show Fraud
In AZT Trials'
- Tom Bethell, 'The Cure That Failed'
- Neville Hodgkinson, 'The Cure That Failed'
- Celia Farber, 'AZT Is Death'
- Brian Deer, 'AIDS Doctors Attack Drug Claims'
- Neville Hodgkinson, 'AIDS Hopes Dashed
by Terrible Truth on AZT'
- Neville Hodgkinson, 'Court Battles Launched
Over Anti-AIDS Drug'
- Neenyah Ostrom, 'Thalidomide For Black Mothers'
- Neenyah Ostrom, 'Nightmare On AZT
- Panorama, 'A Ray Of Hope'
- Celia Farber, 'AZT On Trial'
- Martin Walker, 'AZT: An AIDS-defining drug'
- Celia Farber, 'AZT Roulette'
- Celia Farber, 'A Timely Firestorm'
The above articles can be read best in sequence
from above to below.
DUESBERG ON AZT
PERTH GROUP ON AZT
Paper by Papadopulos et al. explaining why AZT cannot work against HIV.
Vivienne Vermaak made a short documentary on AZT for South African TV. It was broadcasted in December 1999.
Read the transcript.
The London production company Meditel, specialised in
TV-programmes on science, medicine and general health issues, made a documentary about AZT,
broadcasted by UK's Channel 4 in 1992. Read the transcript.
BOOKS ON AZT
Some quotes from the medical literature.
Read more about forced AZT treatment of children, legal
battles, and AZT fugitives.
Retrovir's package insert
(PDR '96), and some additions.
Some of the FDA documents released under the US Act of Freedom of Information
showing the AZT phase II study, the study upon which the drug was released in
the U.S.A. and many other countries, to be fraudulent and worthless.
- Summary minutes FDA approval meeting (.pdf file - 1,2 Mb)
- Summary of FDA inspection report Spitzig (.pdf file - 450 Kb)
- FDA inspection report Massachusetts General Hospital (.pdf file - 9,5 Mb!!!)
AN EYEWITNESS ACCOUNT
Read the story of an eyewitness of the gross
irregularities and medical incompetence in the early clinical trials of AZT
If you decided not to take the treatment, you can use the following documents:
Should a physician insist that you, or your child, take treatment, insist that they first sign this certificate of treatment efficacy and safety. (If this does not work you still can fire your physician. People flush their drugs down the toilet too, lie to their physicians, go into hiding, and flee abroad.)
Legal proceedings against Glaxo-Wellcome and Health Authorities are being prepared world wide If your health, or that of your partner or child, has also been damaged by AZT, you may be able to sue too.
See also under GLAXO and PROTEASE
INHIBITORS, and NEWS
The label on an AZT bottle from the Sigma Co. The warning
on the label reads: "TOXIC. Toxic by inhalation, in contact with
skin and if swallowed. Target organ(s): Blood bone marrow. If you feel
unwell, seek medical advice (show the label where possible). Wear suitable
protective clothing." Note the skull and bones on the label; the
warning for a deathly poison (Bottle contains only 100 mg, humans
are prescribed 300 to 1500 mg a day).